Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
There is a newer version of this report available: UK Search Engine Marketing Benchmark Report 2014
The 71-page report, covering Search Engine Optimisation, Paid Search and Social Media Marketing, is based on an online survey of nearly 900 respondents in February and March 2009.
The report follows on from a similar study in 2008, enabling year-on-year comparisons around what is happening in the fast-evolving search marketplace from the perspective of both client-side advertisers and agencies.
The research, now in its third year, gives a unique and thorough insight into how much companies are spending on search marketing and social media, what search engines and social media sites they are focusing on and what metrics they are using to measure success ... plus much more.
The report findings are divided into the following sections:
- Type of search activity and search services
- Search budgets
- Objectives and effectiveness
- Search engines
- Search planning and issues
- Search engine optimisation is the area where companies are most likely to be investing more money, with 55% of respondents expecting an increase in their budget.
- For paid search, 43% report that ROI has increased compared to 15% who say that it has decreased.
- Over a third of respondents (37%) said explicitly that the credit crunch was negatively affecting paid search ROI. A similar proportion (34%) said that lower conversion rates were having a negative impact.
- In the social media arena, Facebook continues to dominate, with 65% of companies currently using the social networking site as part of their marketing strategy. 49% of companies are now using Twitter.
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more details about what is in the report.
- UK Search Engine Marketing Benchmark Report 2009 (1.89 MB PDF)