Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This report is part of the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Best Practice Guide 2012 bundle.
The SEO Best Practice: Planning and Strategy Guide is part of Econsultancy's renowned SEO Best Practice Guide and contains everything you need to know about search engine optimization, whether you work for an in-house client team, independently or for an agency.
Built on the foundations of our previous, highly-esteemed report by digital marketing author and trainer Dr Dave Chaffey, this document will help you understand search marketing like never before.
The document is invaluable for anybody working in internet marketing, or looking to appoint an SEO agency, or simply trying to secure better search enginer rankings.
It has been created with the help and frontline insight of globally-esteemed SEO practitioners, in order to give you the edge in your natural search marketing activity.
Make no mistake: this guide contains lots of actionable, real world insight. It will help you immediately start to improve your performance across the search engines.
Contributors to the report include:
- Lee Colbran, SEO Director, FreshEgg
- Jack Hubbard, CEO, Propellernet
- Rishi Lakhani, Independent Search Marketing Consultant
- An introduction to planning
- Setting goals for search engine marketing
- Keyphrase analysis and selection
- What is keyphrase analysis? Why is it important?
- Why ‘keyphrase’?
- Understanding searcher keyphrase usage behavior
- Time-related variations in keyphrase behavior
- Understanding different types of keyphrases
- Grouping and categorising keyphrases
- Keyphrase variants
- Keyphrase identification and selection process
- Keyphrase identification tools
- Auditing current performance
- Conversion efficiency for different keyphrases, site sections and product categories
- Cost-effectiveness of different referrers
- Competitor benchmarking
- Using advanced search syntax for competitor benchmarking
- Measurement and tracking
- Search engine marketing strategy selection
- What is the right balance of spend between SEO and PPC?
- Integrating different forms of search to target different phrase volumes
- Using search marketing to target customers at different points in the buying process
- Options for targeting phrases with SEO and paid search
- Determining your strategic target keyphrases
- The impact of affiliate marketing on SEM strategy
- Continuous and campaign-based search strategy
- Which engines to target
- SEO resourcing and process
- Selecting the right type of agency
- Allocating internal resources
- Black, white and grey hats: The importance of ethical SEO
- Assessing proposals and pitches
- Different fee structures (payment models)
A free sample document of the full SEO guide is also available for download
- SEO Best Practice: Planning and Strategy (1.07 MB PDF)