Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This report is part of the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Best Practice Guide 2012 bundle.
The SEO Best Practice: On-page Optimization Guide is part of Econsultancy's renowned SEO Best Practice Guide and contains everything you need to know about search engine optimization, whether you work for an in-house client team, independently or for an agency.
Built on the foundations of our previous, highly-esteemed report by digital marketing author and trainer Dr Dave Chaffey, this document will help you understand search marketing like never before.
The document is invaluable for anybody working in internet marketing, or looking to appoint an SEO agency, or simply trying to secure better search enginer rankings.
It has been created with the help and frontline insight of globally-esteemed SEO practitioners, in order to give you the edge in your natural search marketing activity.
Make no mistake: this guide contains lots of actionable, real world insight. It will help you immediately start to improve your performance across the search engines.
Contributors to the report include:
- Will Critchlow, Founder and Chief Strategist, Distilled
- Joe Friedlein, CEO, Browser Media
- What is on-page optimization? Why is it important?
- Selecting keyphrases for optimization
- Occurrence of keyphrase in page body copy and meta information
- Page markup factors
- Standards adoption
- Title tags
- <meta name=“ ”> tags
- Headings <h1>, <h2>, <h3>
- Keyword formatting
- <a href=…></a> Hyperlinks
- Image tag ALT attributes
- Re-structuring pages with HTML code
- Reducing content by removing code to separate files
- <noscript> tags
- Framed sites
- Optimising for Flash/Flash for SEO
- Document-level keyphrase factors
- Keyphrase(s) within domain name
- Document filename
- Non-HTML document types
A free sample document of the full SEO guide is also available for download
- SEO Best Practice: On-page Optimization (784 KB PDF)