Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
The State of Search Marketing Report, produced by Econsultancy in association with SEMPO, looks in-depth at how companies are using various digital marketing channels, including paid search, search engine optimization (natural search) and social media marketing.
The report follows a survey of over 400 respondents from both companies (client-side advertisers) and agencies, collected in November 2013.
The findings covers the signficance of different technologies and trends across paid search, SEO, social media, digital display, email and mobile marketing. The study, SEMPO's ninth annual State of Search Marketing Report, also contains spending, resourcing and untapped potential in digital marketing.
The 52-page report includes the following sections:
- Significance of different trends and technologies
- Objectives and metrics
- The growth in digital marketing
Key findings include:
- Mobile plays an increasingly important role for marketers but significant dedicated budget is yet to be set aside
- Social media is important, but respondents question the value of Google+ for SEO
- Budgets set to grow and are flexible but most split money in a siloed fashion
- Measuring ROI remains a struggle for social and mobile
- Few companies adopt an experimental approach to digital marketing
Table of contents
- Executive Summary and Highlights
- Foreword by SEMPO
- About Econsultancy
- About SEMPO
- Significance of different technologies and trends
- Use of digital marketing disciplines
- Search engine optimization integration
- Paid search trends
- Search engine optimization trends
- Digital display marketing trends
- Social media marketing trends
- Mobile marketing trends
- Email marketing trends
- Spend on digital marketing
- Breakdown of digital marketing spend
- Expected change in budget for 2014
- Separation of digital marketing budgets
- Flexibility in paid search budgeting
- Flexibility in search engine optimization budgeting
- Flexibility in digital display marketing budgeting
- Flexibility in social media marketing budgeting
- Flexibility in email marketing budgeting
- Flexibility in mobile marketing budgeting
- Objectives and metrics
- Current success with digital marketing
- Ability to measure ROI
- Objectives and metrics for paid search
- Objectives and metrics for search engine optimization
- Objectives and metrics for digital display marketing
- Objectives and metrics for social media marketing
- Objectives and metrics for mobile marketing
- Objectives and metrics for email marketing
- Time invested in digital marketing research
- Testing new technology
- Where is the growth in digital marketing?
- Untapped potential in paid search marketing
- Untapped potential in search engine optimization
- Untapped potential in digital display marketing
- Untapped potential in social media marketing
- Untapped potential in mobile marketing
- Untapped potential in email marketing
- Appendix – Respondents Profiles
- Type of organization
- Respondent roles
- Business focus
- Business sector
- Type of Agency
- Size of company by revenue
- Size of company by number of employees
- Revenue per region
A free sample is available to those who wish to know more about the report.
- SAMPLE: SEMPO State of Search Marketing Report 2013 (1.74 MB PDF)
- SEMPO State of Search Marketing Report 2013 (3.96 MB PDF)
- State of Search Marketing Report 2013 data (71.8 KB Microsoft Excel)