Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
Evaluating the impact and future of addressable media
The People-Based Advertising report, produced in collaboration with Signal, is based on a survey of more than 350 brand marketers and media buyers in Australia. It explores the hypothesis that smarter, data-driven, people-based display advertising is an important alternative to the legacy model that is failing the online ecosystem.
With the unpleasant relalities of ad blocking, fraud and viewability concerns weighing on marketers' minds, this report explores the hypothesis that smarter, data-driven, people-based display advertising is an important alternative to the legacy model that is failing the online ecosystem.
What you'll learn
- What are the issues with display keeping advertisers up at night?
- What premium are brands willing to pay for people-based advertising?
- How are companies managing the data governance issues created by the relative marketing dominance of brands such as Google, Facebook and Twitter?
- How important is the process of onboarding in the future that advertisers envision?
- Are consumers likely to be less compliant in the future about the use of their data in addressable media?
Who should read this report?
The report is essential reading for both in-house marketers and agency professionals based in Australia or North America, as well as those outside the region who want to understand how people-based advertising is evolving in these countries.
Stefan Tornquist is the vice president of research for Econsultancy in New York. His team covers a wide range of digital marketing topics from tactical best practices to strategic transformation. Stefan’s research and commentary have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Business Week and AdAge, as well as virtually every trade press outlet.
Table of contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. In context: data-driven display advertising
- 3. Buying trends for people-based media
- 4. People-based performance
- 5. Where do brands go from here?
- 6. Appendix – Respondent profiles
1. Executive Summary
- About Econsultancy
2. In context: data-driven display advertising
- Addressable media or people-based targeting
- Data coming in first, second and third
- First party data
- Second party data
- Third party data
- Walled gardens
3. Buying trends for people-based media
4. People-based performance
5. Where do brands go from here?
- Mobile is vital for brands – but customers hate brands on mobile
- Fraud remains a real concern
- Ad blocking
- Measuring ROI
- Is the current model for display advertising broken?
- Data governance
- Data ownership
- Consumer response
6. Appendix – Respondent profiles
- Media Buyers
- SAMPLE: People-Based Advertising in Australia (816 KB PDF)
- People-Based Advertising in Australia (614 KB PDF)