Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
This report is part of the Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice Guide bundle.
This report is part of Econsultancy's Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice Guide and has been created with the help and frontline insight of globally-esteemed ecommerce practitioners who are at the sharp end of mobile commerce, in order to give you the edge in your mobile design and development activity.
At 200 pages and more than 60,000 words in length, Econsultancy's Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice Guide contains everything you need to know about mobile design and development, dissecting the technical challenges and commercial implications of the key mobile site development options.
This section provides a clear explanation of what AWD is and the business implications that you need to be aware of, evaluating the relationship between RWD and AWD. Written by:
- Markus Karlsson, CEO & Founder at Affino
- David Skerrett, Managing Partner at Nimbletank
- Matt Curry, Head of Ecommerce at LH Group
Table of contents
- Introduction to Our Guides
- About Econsultancy
- Adaptive Web Design
- What does ‘adaptive’ mean?
- How does an adaptive website work?
- Technical and commercial challenges
- Decision criteria
- Critical success factors
- Impact on the business of going adaptive
- Mitigating the risks of adaptive design
- Implementation considerations
- Adaptive layers of progressive enhancement
- Design trends
- Context is king
- Technical challenges with going adaptive
- Overcoming caching challenges
- Key dos for adaptive design
- Common mistakes and pitfalls
- Creating an adaptive code base
- Coding for adaptive layers
- Maintaining an adaptive code base
- Good house-keeping
- Code validation and quality assurance
- Optimising for performance and page speed
- Pros and cons
- Key pros
- Key cons
- Adaptive checklist
- Example sites
- American Airlines
- USA Today
- Useful Resources
- Lead author
- Expert contributors
Download a copy of the report to learn more.
A free sample is available for those who want more detail about what is in the report.
- SAMPLE: Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice (1.08 MB PDF)
- Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice: Adaptive Web Design (1.11 MB PDF)
- Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice: Summary and Recommendations
- Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice Guide
- Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice: Mobile-Specific Website Development
- Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice: Planning Your Mobile Site
- Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice: Responsive Web Design