Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
There is a newer version of this report available: Email Marketing Industry Census 2016
The fourth annual Email Marketing Industry Census, sponsored by Adestra, is based on the largest UK survey of email marketers.
The census looks at the amount and type of email marketing carried out by organisations, the way that email marketing is conducted, issues affecting the industry and the effectiveness of email compared to other digital marketing channels.
Almost 900 respondents took part in the 2010 Census, which took the form of an online survey in January and February 2010.
The 64-page 2010 census report, also summarised in presentation format, contains insight and comment from leading experts in the email marketing world and associated digital sectors, including:
- Andy Beal, Internet Marketing Consultant and Co-Author of Radically Transparent
- Mark Brownlow, Publisher of Email Marketing Reports and Editor of 'No Man is an Iland' blog
- Louise Colligan, Head of Digital Marketing Solutions, Reed Business Information
- James Gurd, E-commerce Consultant
- Mark Kelleher, Head of Technology for Marketing, Communications and Audiences, BBC Future Media and Technology
- Steve Kemish, Chair of IDM Digital Council and Director of Cyance
- Andrew Lloyd Gordon, Internet Marketing Coach
- Jim Sterne, Founder, Target Marketing
- Stefan Tornquist, US Research Director, Econsultancy
The report findings are divided into the following sections:
- Approach to email and use of ESPs.
- Volume of email, budget and ROI.
- Effectiveness and practices.
Highlights from the findings include:
- More than half of companies are now using a hosted email service as the growth of web-based email applications continues.
- Nearly two thirds of companies are now using measurement and analytics services provided by their email service providers.
- There has been a significant increase in the proportion of companies who say that return on investment from email is more than 500%.
- The vast majority of responding companies (75%) rate email as ‘excellent’ or ‘good’ for return on investment.
- A third of companies are using email to encourage the sharing of content on social networks.
You can download a free sample of this report to learn more.
- SAMPLE: Email Marketing Census 2010 (413 KB PDF)
- Email Marketing Census 2010 (1.79 MB PDF)
- Email Marketing Census 2010 presentation (1.47 MB Microsoft PowerPoint)