Enter a search term such as “mobile analytics” or browse our content using the filters above.
That’s not only a poor Scrabble score but we also couldn’t find any results matching
Check your spelling or try broadening your search.
Sorry about this, there is a problem with our search at the moment.
Please try again later.
As Webtrends wraps up its 20th successful year in the digital marketing business, the company reflects on its history, innovation and momentum moving into 2014. Since launching into website analytics in 1993, Webtrends has evolved into a full service digital measurement and marketing optimisation solutions provider. Two decades later, with more than 2,000 customers in 60 countries and 130 partners and resellers, the company analyses over 13 billion transactions per day, processes over 900TB of active data from over 20,000 websites, 2,800 social properties and 3,600 mobile properties and is a critical component of today’s modern marketing programme.
Bruce Kenny, CTO and EVP of Product at Webtrends, says: “We are very proud of our legacy. Digital marketing has emerged from the nascent days of the internet to become one of the most critical competitive differentiators for today’s leading brands. Webtrends started this evolution 20 years ago and today we are equally optimistic about the opportunity to create truly compelling and innovative solutions for the world’s top brands.”
By using its deep roots and expertise in analytics, Webtrends has proven it has a unique advantage when addressing the new imperative for data-driven marketing to optimise the customer journey, in the moment.
In September 2013, a Gartner report titled “Survey Analysis: Big Data Adoption in 2013 Shows Substance Behind the Hype” reported that “big data investments in 2013 continue to rise, with 64% of organisations investing or planning to invest in big data technology compared with 58% last year. The top big data challenge across industries for 2013 is how to get value from big data, 56% list it as a top struggle.”
“To win at this, marketers and intermediaries will need sophisticated big data analytics capabilities to appraise the potential value of specific consumer data in real time, and to predict and automate the generation of offers based on numerous conditions that maximise the perceived value to the individual,”1 advised Gartner analysts Jennifer Beck, Mike McGuire, Andrew Frank et al.
2013 Business Highlights
With the release of new solutions that provide marketers with unlimited data exploration and in-the-moment remarketing capabilities, notable partner expansion, an impressive list of new customers and award recognition, Webtrends enters 2014 at a point of incredible growth and innovation.
New Webtrends solutions include:
• Webtrends Email Remarketing – In-the-moment email remarketing fueled by Webtrends Streams
• Action Center™ - a platform that enables the seamless integration of in-session and historical customer-level data into action systems including email, display ad networks, SMS messaging, CRM, mobile marketing, search engine marketing, marketing automation, and more
• Session Streams –the second major deposit of the award winning Webtrends Streams product family delivering rich visitor session details into the marketing ecosystem for immediate action
• Precision Targeting – rich in-the-moment data from Webtrends Streams is now integrated within Webtrends Optimize to fuel content targeting decisions
• Webtrends Analytics 10.7– the latest release of Webtrends Analytics with a focus on democratising data insights to the edges of the organisation
• SharePoint Analytics – platform now supports SharePoint Server 2013 and SharePoint Online within Office 365
New solutions have made organisations in the travel, retail and finance verticals an increasingly relevant audience for Webtrends and have driven record customer renewal rates. The following customers report success using Webtrends solutions:
- East Coast Trains increased website sales by £1.6 million as a result of using Webtrends Optimize™ managed services.
- Hotels4u.com saw a 5.52% increase in online sales after using Webtrends Optimize.
- ACHICA, the online lifestyle store, has implemented Webtrends Optimize on its UK site to improve online conversions.
- Standard Life is now implementing Analytics 10 solution, Segments and Heatmaps to better understand the way its customers interact online.
Webtrends’ portfolio of solutions was honoured with the following prestigious awards:
- Digital Analytics Association (DAA) New Technology of the Year Award for Webtrends Streams which they hailed as “the most disruptive technological innovation made available to the digital analytics industry in over a decade.”
- Always On’s OnMedia Top 100 Private Companies Award for the top emerging companies creating new business opportunities in the world of media, advertising, marketing, social commerce, branding and public relations.
- Omega’s NorthFace ScoreBoard Award for exceeding client expectations for the third year in a row.
As Webtrends’ capabilities expand and reach into further corners of organisations’ overall marketing programmes, deep integration with other solution providers becomes increasingly important.
Webtrends has grown its partner programme in the last year through the following advancements:
- Integration with ExactTarget, Responsys and Silverpop to provide users real-time email remarketing capabilities via Webtrends Streams and Webtrends Action Center
- Launch of a free application in the ExactTarget HubExchange that brings ExactTarget users analysis of their campaigns as they happen
- A strategic alliance with SDL to deliver extensive customer insight to the SDL platform through Webtrends Streams
With expectations from consumers on the rise and brands struggling to keep pace, using big data to drive digital marketing is an opportunity organisations cannot afford to miss. This year, Webtrends will continue to help organisations adapt marketing strategies to create more contextually relevant experiences for their consumers. With more than 25% of all Webtrends traffic coming from mobile devices, Webtrends will also keep driving innovation in optimising mobile marketing.
While advanced ad hoc data exploration capabilities were released to early adopter customers early this year, expect to see the full packaged release of Webtrends Explore and Webtrends Lifetime Streams when they become generally available in the first half of this year.
• Webtrends Explore™ - adds powerful data exploration capabilities to Webtrends Analytics™. Designed to be intuitive and easy to use, it’s now possible to create robust segments, filter results on the fly, and create unlimited nesting dimensions atop the industry’s most expansive first-party data collection capabilities.
• Webtrends Lifetime Streams™ - enables organisations to deliver relevant experiences to their customers across all digital channels based on the entire history of individual customer engagement, such as lifetime value, category affinity, recency, frequency and market segments.
Published on: 1:29PM on 22nd January 2014